If Price Really Matters
Price has always been a main reason that keeps sales people from selling. At least, that’s what sales people say. Here is some humorous evidence to the contrary
Sales people have always had a laundry list of excuses that keep them from being able to sell today. Yet, is there any excuse more infamous than the price one. “If we just lowered our price, I could sell a ton of this stuff.” Oh really? People buy primarily-based on price? Well, if that’s true consider this.
If price really matters…
- Everyone would buy generic drugs
- No one would have cable or satellite television
- The seat every fan fights for would be the last row in the stadium
- Satellite radio wouldn’t have over 15 million subscribers
- No one would own a Bose product
- You would get your drinking water from a faucet
- A Yugo would be in your driveway
- Nordstroms would be empty
- Everyone would shave with a single blade razor
- Starbuck’s wouldn’t have poured a single cup of coffee
- The only food in your kitchen would be supermarket brand
- The toilet paper in your bathroom would be single-ply sandpaper
- And… You wouldn’t have any clients!
After all, someone bought from your company. Not just one person, lots of people have bought from your company. Remember this the next time you let yourself argue that you can’t sell because of price. It isn’t the price… It’s your ability to demonstrate value to prospects. And, people will pay for value. You’ve just seen evidence that they do, even in your own backyard© 2014 by Lee B. Salz. Lee B. Salz is a leading sales management strategist specializing in helping companies build scalable, high-performance sales organizations through hiring the right salespeople, effectively onboarding them, and aligning their sales activities with business objectives through process, metrics and compensation. He is the Founder and CEO of Sales Architects, Business Expert Webinarsand The Revenue Accelerator. Lee has authored several books including the award-winning book Soar Despite Your Dodo Sales Manager. He is a results-driven sales management consultant and a passionate, dynamic speaker. Lee can be reached at lsalz@SalesArchitects.net or +1 763-416-4321.