Your Exhibit Program Living Up To Its Potential
Here are six questions to ask yourself about your exhibit program.
- Do you have internal commitment?It’s one thing to have your sales or marketing department support your exhibit program but real success comes when support can be found throughout your entire organization from your CEO on down.
- Have you balanced your resources?There are three resources you need: financial, human and logistical. Each is a necessary component and must be carefully balanced in order to ensure your success.
- Have you allocated enough time?A successful program not only requires tapping into many internal resources it also needs time to bring your plans to fruition. An exhibit program is a 12 month a year responsibility. Exhibit managers who leave things to the last minute do their program more harm than good.
- Have you established your success metrics?An exhibit marketing program is not carved in stone. It is continuously evolving. In order to know what to improve you need to establish the metrics that will allow you to quickly measure and evaluate your results.
- Have you integrated your exhibit program with other marketing efforts?Your exhibit program is not a stand-alone activity. It is one piece of your “marketing pie.” To gain maximum impact it must reinforce the key elements such as logo’s, colors, images and messages found in your overall marketing efforts.
- Do you and your advisors understand the medium?Marketing is divided into specialties: print, television, radio, media buying etc. All too often you will hear from one of your specialists who is proficient in one area that they can also help you with your exhibit marketing plans. Exhibit marketing requires the input from people who specialize in this medium. You need people who can guide you professionally through the maze of decisions that are needed.